Admissions Process

How to begin your child's journey...

Parents who wish their children to be registered at GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail must complete online application form and pay a non-refundable AED500. Application fees are accepted in the form of AED cheques, cash, credit/debit cards or bank transfer. 

Supporting Documents

The supporting documents that are required when a registration is submitted are: 

  • Student Birth Certificate Copy
  • Student Passport Copy
  • Student Visa Copy
  • Student Emirates Card ID Copy (both sides)
  • 2 recent Passport size photographs
  • Immunisation Certificate Copy
  • Most Recent School report/nursery (previous 2 years) copy
  • Medical Declaration and Mandatory Information Forms (see Medical)
  • Sponsor Passport Copy
  • Sponsor Visa Copy
  • Sponsor Emirates ID Copy

Entry Criteria

GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail prides itself on an admission policy that does not discriminate against any child or family. All children are welcome to apply to GEMS Wellington Academy, regardless of nationality, ethnicity or religion.

Foundation/Primary/Secondary reports from previous school/nurseries will be reviewed by the academic teaching staff and if deemed necessary, may be followed by an assessment or interview.

Transfer Letter

After your child has received an offer to join GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail we request the Transfer certificate from your previous school.

The original Transfer Certificate must be on official school letterhead. This form must be typed, signed by the Principal and show an official school stamp. 

The Transfer Certificate of students from schools located in any country other than Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, USA and UAE, MUST be in English or Arabic and attested by:

  •          Ministry of Education
  •          Ministry of Foreign Affairs
  •          UAE Embassy

Attestation is required for GCC countries from Ministry of Education only.

The Transfer Certificates within Dubai Schools are done electronically and other Emirates transfers still need to be attested by Ministry of Education only. 

Transfer Letter Template (Link)

Transfer Certificate Instructions – (Link)