GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail offers a broad range of subjects to appeal to students of all abilities and interests.
- Consider subjects you enjoy and currently do well in. Give some thought to choosing subjects that you have not studied before but don’t be tempted to choose them just because they are new. Make sure you have the skills, knowledge and aptitudes which are suited to the study of those subjects.
- Listen to the advice of your teachers.
- Don’t choose a subject because your friends have. Choose what’s right for you.
- Research which subjects are required or are of benefit for the career you wish to pursue. You don’t want to discover that you can’t access the career you want because you don’t have the right A levels.
- Ensure that you do not exclude yourself from any university courses that you may wish to pursue (for example by having too few full A levels or the wrong subjects).
Curriculum Offer September 2018:
A Level - GCE
- A Level Art and Design - AQA
- A Level Biology
- A Level Chemistry
- A Level Computer Science - AQA
- A Level English Language and Literature - AQA
- AS and A Level History - AQA
- A Level Media Studies - AQA
- A Level Psychology - AQA
- A Level Biology - AQA
- A Level Chemistry - AQA
- A Level Physics - AQA
- A Level PE - Edexcel
International A Level - IAL
- International Advanced Business Studies
- International A Level - Maths - Edexcel
Elite Sport Programme
- Swimming Academy
- Football Academy
*Availability of A level subjects is dependent on sufficient demand